BMW E30 Service Reset Tools & Fault Code Readers
For newer cars we also sell multi-function scan tools, gauges, and programmers. Reading and resetting Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) are some of the many functions that these handheld and dash-mounted accessories perform. These are the next generation of 'smart' programmers capable of loading new versions of engine software, recording and playback of data, and timing meters.
Adapts the Schwaben by Foxwell scan too to work on cars with 20 pin under hood connectors. If you're a fan of older model BMW's and still want a more advanced diagnostic tool or to be able to reset your service lights, this is the ultimate accessory for your new scan tool. Perfect for pre- OBDII vehicles that require the use of the diagnostic port in the engine bay.
For models produced from 1987-2002 with 20 pin diagnostic socket under hood.Schwaben By Foxwell Professional Scan Tool For Most BMWs and MINI coopers
For use with the Schwaben Professional BMW/MINI Scan Tool
The BMW Service Engine Soon (aka Check Engine Light) has thousands of different meanings. Everything from low coolant messages, engine misfires, transmission temperatures, light bulb failures, brake pad replacement, and so much more. The sophisticated electronics are throughout the car. Isn't it time for a BMW scan tool that can keep up with all of your DIY needs? We think we've found the one - the DIY BMW diagnostic tool that trumps them all. The Schwaben BMW scan tool.
Not all diagnostic scan tools are the same. The cheap ones you find at catalog outlet stores are generic and give you generic information (sometimes not even that). BMW actually has very specialized diagnostic systems that they only share with dealers. The factory diagnostic tools require specialized programs on dedicated laptops that are a pain for the average DIYer to set up and use. The Schwaben BMW diagnostic tool is designed specifically for BMW and MINI. It's not generic and packs some serious features in its small case. We've used this in our service department and were very impressed with the depth of its capabilities. It has features that only the factory ISTA/INPA programs have. Below is a partial list of its prime features -
- Works on BMW models from 1987-current*; Works on MINI models from 2002-current*
- Compatible with global OBDII / EOBD standards
- Reads and clears codes and turns off SES/CEL/MIL/DTC (BMW Powertrain codes, Chassis codes, Body codes, and CAN codes)
- Special troubleshooting functions to walk you through codes (like the BMW Test Plan)
- Check and activate electronic components like switches, relays, and actuators
- Records live sensor data
- Provides live data graphing
- Merges graphs for easy and intuitive diagnosis
- Displays freeze frame data
- Create a custom data stream
- Reads and resets most adaptations
- Reads OBD Readiness
- Does active tests on systems and components*
- Performs special functions, coding, security access*
- Code and program replacement control units
- Supports all 10 OBDII test modes
- Resets oil service light
- Sets inspection 1, 2 service intervals (manual or automatic)
- Sets inspection mileage
- Deactivates and reactivates brake control system
- Retracts calipers for brake pad replacement on newer models
- Initializes the wear indicator if new pads installed
- Diagnoses Electronic Parking Brake caliper functionality
- Multilingual menu options and code definitions
- Memory card for data backup and software update
- Print feature
- Large TFT color screen and menu-driven operations
- Free updates for the first 18 months of use
*Certain functions may be limited due to the requirement of a special factory access code or tools. While versatile, this scan tool covers a wide range of BMW models and platforms and it cannot be a catch-all tool for every job. Some functions may not be available but will be reviewed in future updates.
Note: Microsoft PC required for updates. You will need to register your scan tool in order to receive update notices via e-mail.
Will not work on the following vehicles: E30 M3, E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325e, 2000 750iL. This unit plugs into the round port under the hood on cars up to 2000. You can use this on 2001 and later cars with the AB03 Adapter. See below.