Fault Code Readers and OBD Scan Tools
- Displays all Mini engine fault codes; Helps diagnose exactly what's wrong.
- Resets the "Service Engine Soon" Light.
- Resets the Oilservice -Inspection lights & service mileage.
- Very easy to use.
- Compatibility: 01 - 06
- Low cost ($129.99)
- Includes complete instructions and code booklet and storage case.
Will not work on the following vehicles: E30 M3, E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325e, 2000 750iL. This unit plugs into the round port under the hood on cars up to 2000. You can use this on 2001 and later cars with the AB03 Adapter. See below.
Adapts the Schwaben by Foxwell scan too to work on cars with 20 pin under hood connectors. If you're a fan of older model BMW's and still want a more advanced diagnostic tool or to be able to reset your service lights, this is the ultimate accessory for your new scan tool. Perfect for pre- OBDII vehicles that require the use of the diagnostic port in the engine bay.
For models produced from 1987-2002 with 20 pin diagnostic socket under hood.Schwaben By Foxwell Professional Scan Tool For Most BMWs and MINI coopers
For use with the Schwaben Professional BMW/MINI Scan Tool
This is the new and latest version of this well-known BMW fault code reading tool. BMW owners should have a great interest in this tool. Your BMW's Check Engine light (or "Service Engine Soon" light) can mean any number of things. Sometimes it's alerting you to the real need for a repair, but very often it is merely indicating one of the many, simple (top off your coolant) type problems. Also resets Check Engine, Service and Oil Change indicator dashboard lights. Easy to use and includes a booklet containing the fault code chart and instructions for use.
- Compact and simple
- Very easy to use
- Read and reset DTC fault codes
- Better fault descriptions than generic code tools
- Reset Oil Service and Service Indicator lights
The Peake OBD code tool is compatible with nearly all 2001-2007 models. In mid-2007 BMW switched to the Condition Based Service program (CBS) and the Peake tool is not compatible with it. If you're not sure if your 2007 model has CBS there are a few ways to tell - CBS has much more detailed service reminders in the iDrive (instead of "inspection due" it will tell you which items need service, fluids, belts, brakes, etc), and you can manually check the OBD port under the dash. If pin 7 is empty you have the CBS system.
The BMW Service Engine Soon (aka Check Engine Light) has thousands of different meanings. Everything from low coolant messages, engine misfires, transmission temperatures, light bulb failures, brake pad replacement, and so much more. The sophisticated electronics are throughout the car. Isn't it time for a BMW scan tool that can keep up with all of your DIY needs? We think we've found the one - the DIY BMW diagnostic tool that trumps them all. The Schwaben BMW scan tool.
Not all diagnostic scan tools are the same. The cheap ones you find at catalog outlet stores are generic and give you generic information (sometimes not even that). BMW actually has very specialized diagnostic systems that they only share with dealers. The factory diagnostic tools require specialized programs on dedicated laptops that are a pain for the average DIYer to set up and use. The Schwaben BMW diagnostic tool is designed specifically for BMW and MINI. It's not generic and packs some serious features in its small case. We've used this in our service department and were very impressed with the depth of its capabilities. It has features that only the factory ISTA/INPA programs have. Below is a partial list of its prime features -
- Works on BMW models from 1987-current*; Works on MINI models from 2002-current*
- Compatible with global OBDII / EOBD standards
- Reads and clears codes and turns off SES/CEL/MIL/DTC (BMW Powertrain codes, Chassis codes, Body codes, and CAN codes)
- Special troubleshooting functions to walk you through codes (like the BMW Test Plan)
- Check and activate electronic components like switches, relays, and actuators
- Records live sensor data
- Provides live data graphing
- Merges graphs for easy and intuitive diagnosis
- Displays freeze frame data
- Create a custom data stream
- Reads and resets most adaptations
- Reads OBD Readiness
- Does active tests on systems and components*
- Performs special functions, coding, security access*
- Code and program replacement control units
- Supports all 10 OBDII test modes
- Resets oil service light
- Sets inspection 1, 2 service intervals (manual or automatic)
- Sets inspection mileage
- Deactivates and reactivates brake control system
- Retracts calipers for brake pad replacement on newer models
- Initializes the wear indicator if new pads installed
- Diagnoses Electronic Parking Brake caliper functionality
- Multilingual menu options and code definitions
- Memory card for data backup and software update
- Print feature
- Large TFT color screen and menu-driven operations
- Free updates for the first 18 months of use
*Certain functions may be limited due to the requirement of a special factory access code or tools. While versatile, this scan tool covers a wide range of BMW models and platforms and it cannot be a catch-all tool for every job. Some functions may not be available but will be reviewed in future updates.
Note: Microsoft PC required for updates. You will need to register your scan tool in order to receive update notices via e-mail.
The second great feature is that you can now plug into the OBD port from almost anywhere around the car. One complaint most people have is the OBD socket is hidden or awkward to plug anything into. With 2 feet of extension you can now mount the new socket in a more convenient location - higher on the dash, the center console, even under the hood (on some models)! The new location is completely customizable. Tuners and service techs who use multiple plug-in OBD tools really love this harness because they no longer have to crawl around the interior over and over.
This extension harness works on all OBD-II vehicles, including non-BMW cars and trucks.